What is Kenton Baker Estate Planning Practitioners?
Kenton Baker Estate Planning Practitioners is a specialist Wills, Trusts, Estate Planning, Lasting Power of Attorney, Mortgage and Life Insurance company serving Bideford, North Devon, South West and North West England, Oxfordshire, Dorset and the surrounding areas. With many years’ experience with both Business Owners and Private Individuals, we are equipped to cater for every eventuality. So why do I need an Estate Planning Practitioner?
What do you do?
Our role is to help people understand easily, the reasons and needs for making Wills, Trusts and Lasting Power of Attorney’s, whether they be a Business Owner or a Private Individual. Making a will – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Why do I need an Estate Planning Practitioner?
Most of our prospective clients tell us that they know they should have a Will, but are unsure of how to go about it, how much it will cost and how long it will take to arrange. It often seems overwhelming. With a lack of basic information to hand, people often just put it off, until it is too late.
To take maximum advantage of inheritance tax allowances, the key is planning; which allows the use of numerous options. The best way to protect your family’s future and ensure that they inherit as much as possible is to plan today.
It is when it is too late that hindsight teaches the family, friends, business partners and various acquaintances that putting off making a Will is not the answer.
There are 3 main reasons when your assets of your estate can be taken from you and/or your beneficiaries:
- Inheritance tax: Each individual has a threshold of £325,000 Called the nil rate band of which, if your estate was more than that, any value above that level is taxed at 40%. (Plus, the residential nil rate band that came into law April 2017.)
- Sideways disinheritance: In today’s culture, with multiple marriages and relationships, without an estate planning will which will include trust planning, it would be very easy when dying after a second marriage, for your estate to be passed on to your second spouse and therefore to your second spouses children and not those from your previous marriage.
- Long term care planning: Without careful planning through an estate planning will, it is entirely likely that the home you spent most of your life paying for would be taken from you, in order to pay for your care fees. Trust Planning – Wills in Bideford North Devon – Kenton Baker
How can I get started?
Kenton Baker Estate Planning Practitioners offer consultation in the comfort of your own home or at your office, at a time that suits you best.
Our services include:
- Will Writing, Estate Planning and associated advice
- Lasting Power of Attorneys and associated advice
- Lifetime Secure Will Storage to ensure added security
- Property Trust arrangements for effective succession planning
- Severance of Tenancy for all property matters
- Probate and Estate Administration advice and guidance when you need it most
- Pre-Paid Funeral Plans and advice to choose the right plan for you
- Simple methods of Mitigating Inheritance tax
- Mortgages (Private homes, Buy to Let, Equity Release / Lifetime Mortgage and Commercial Loans)
- Protection (Life Insurance, Mortgage Payment Protection, Permanent Heath Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance and Income Protection)
- Buildings and Contents Insurance